7th International Colloids Conference
18-21 June 2017 | Hotel Melia, Sitges (near Barcelona), Spain
Colloid and Interface Science has evolved into a central scientific discipline, of relevance to a wide range of new technologies, and offering solutions to new challenges: for example energy generation and storage, nano-medicine and drug delivery, sensing and diagnostics, advanced materials, climate change and resource efficiency.
This meeting aims to bring together international researchers for communicating the latest developments in the fast-moving and ever-growing fields of Colloid and Interface Sciences.
The cutting edge and future directions for the subject will be presented by Plenary speakers, who are all high-ranking, world-leading scientists.
Hot new areas and recent advances will be communicated by Keynote lectures.
Showcase lectures and Poster sessions will present fresh and exciting results, which will form the foundations for new research themes.
The conference will cover the following topics:
- Materials for catalysis, energy generation and storage
- Nano-medicines, diagnostics and biomaterials
- Functional and engineered interfaces, surfaces, films, membranes and composites
- Advanced polymers, surfactants, gels, biocolloids and soft matter systems
- New theory, novel phenomena and experimental techniques
Reasons to attend:
The conference has published its Gender Policy
Young Investigator Perspectives
Oral slots are available specifically for Young Investigators (PhD students or Post-docs). Young Investigator Perspectives talks should be structured to include clear scientific justifications for the research, new results from the studies and explanations of how the research has advanced the field compared to existing literature. There will be opportunities for these Presenters to contribute Young Investigator Perspectives articles to Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, in consultation with the Editors.
Win the Best Poster Prize
The best Posters will be selected by the Scientific Committee, and prize winners will receive a certificate and free registration for the 2018 conference.
After the conference a selection of articles will be published in the Journal of Colloid and Interface Science, subject to the normal peer review process.
Click to download apps
- Paula Hammond, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA
- Jingcheng Hao, Shangdong University, China
- Luis Liz-Marzan, Ikerbasque - Basque Foundation for Science, Spain
- Catherine Murphy, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- María Vallet-Regí, Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Spain
- Raffaele Mezzenga, ETH Zurich, Switzerland
- Maria Santore, University of Massachusetts Amherst, USA
- Eric Furst, University of Delaware, USA
- Zbigniew Adamczyk, Jerzy Haber Institute of Catalysis and Surface Chemistry, Poland
- Sylvie Bégin-Colin, University of Strasbourg, France
- Lisa Biswal, Rice University, USA
- Per Claesson, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- Elizabeth Cosgriff-Hernandez, Texas A&M University, USA
- Wiebke Drenckhan, Université Paris Sud, France
- Ilona Kretzschmar, The City College of New York, USA
- Jian Lu, The University of Manchester, UK
- Zhihong Nie, University of Maryland, USA
- Teresa Pellegrino, Italian Institute of Technology, Italy
- Pedro Tartaj, Instituto de Ciencia de Materiales de Madrid (CSIC), Spain
- Julian Eastoe, University of Bristol, UK